The IMCCS Leadership is an organizational Consortium made up of an Expert Group, Executive Committee and Secretariat who govern all the activities of the IMCCS.
Expert Group: The IMCCS Expert Group is a consortium that consists of the Center for Climate and Security (CCS), an institute of the Council on Strategic Risks; the French Institute for International and Strategic Affairs (IRIS); The Hague Centre for Strategic Studies (HCSS) and the Planetary Security Initiative of the Netherlands Institute of International Relations (Clingendael).
Governance: The IMCCS is driven by an Executive Committee that shapes the agenda of the IMCCS in consultation with the IMCCS Council, and a Secretariat that administers that agenda.
Executive Committee: The Executive Committee is co-led by the Chair and Secretary General of the IMCCS, and consists of Senior Members from each of the organizations in the IMCCS Expert Group consortium.
- General (Ret) Tom Middendorp (Clingendael, CCS), Chair
- The Honorable Sherri Goodman (CCS), Secretary General
- Vice Admiral Dennis McGinn, US Navy (Ret) (CCS), Senior Member
- Julia Tasse (IRIS), Senior Member
- Michel Rademaker (HCSS), Senior Member
- Louise Van Schaik (Clingendael), Senior Member
Secretariat: The Center for Climate and Security, an institute of the Council on Strategic Risks (a U.S.-based non profit organization), acts as the Secretariat of the IMCCS, administering it on behalf of the Chair, Secretary General and Executive Committee. The Secretariat Team is led by:
- Erin Sikorsky, Director
- Francesco Femia, Co-Founder and Senior Advisor
- Caitlin Werrell, Co-Founder and Senior Advisor
The Secretariat also includes Regional IMCCS Liasions. Currently, these are:
- Lieutenant Commander Oliver-Leighton Barrett, USN (Ret), IMCCS Americas Liaison
- Rachel Fleishman, IMCCS Asia-Pacific Liaison
- Dr. Michael Thomas, IMCCS Asia-Pacific Liaison
To contact the IMCCS Leadership, please send an email to info at imccs dot org.